Note: It is not a real MDI2, it uses the MDI motherboard solution, but only uses the MDI2 shell. To purchase a Original MDI 2, please see the link below.
Original GM MDI2 Multiple Diagnostic Interface
The GM MDI2 is the next generation Global Diagnostic Interface tool for both current and future GM vehicles. It replaces the MDI introduced in 2007 and offers a compact communication module with increased processing power and security to offer faster transfer of data between a vehicle’s onboard ECU network with an auxiliary CAN bus.
GM MDI2 Multiple Diagnostic Interface with Wifi Card
GM MDI2 Description:
The Multiple Diagnostic Interface 2 (MDI2) is used by professional technicians as an aid in diagnosing and repairing automotive electrical and electronic systems. The MDI2 is designed to connect the vehicle to a host PC computer application, which then functions through the MDI2 for data transfer and Electronic Control Unit (ECU) reprogramming.
The newest pc-based GM Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI2) offers increased processing power, security, and faster programming speeds on Global A and future
Global B vehicles.
The MDI2 supports diagnostic applications: GDS 2, Data Bus Diagnostic Tool, and Tech2Win. It also supports Pass-Thru programming applications: TIS2Web–SPS. It replaces the first generation MDI, introduced in 2007, for Pass-Thru programming on current GM models. The MDI2 is backward compatible, so it can be used to perform Pass-Thru programming on all vehicles built since 1996 by means of the J1962 connector using a DLC cable. Connection between the MDI2 and the PC can be accomplished via standalone (USB) and the dealership network (CAT5).
GM MDI2 Features:
● Uses a new, more secure Type B connector and Ground Offset Failure protection. A wired connection is recommended for longer programming events.
● The MDI2 is powered from the vehicle battery via the DLC Cable. It may also be powered over USB to perform firmware updates only using a PC.
● Uses USB 2.0 for faster firmware downloads instead of a separate AC power supply.
● The DLC cable is twice as long as the previous cable and connects at the top, making it easier to use. The cable only connects to the MDI2.
GM MDI2 Functions List
* Automatic vehicle recognition
* DTC reading and removal
* Complete list of live data streaming for all main ECU
* Recordable / playback of live data
* New software flash for existing ECU to fix drivability issues
* Programming and installation of new ECU (PCM, ABS, Instrument cluster, air bag, fuel pumps etc.,)
* Programming new keys
* Setting / removing speed limiters
* J2534 pass thru offering ECU re-flash and diagnostics for other vehicle manufacturers, when subscribed to their specified software
* More dealer specific functions
GM MDI2 Package List:
1pc x GM MDI device
1pc x DLC Cable SAE J1962
1pc x 10-ft. USB A to USB B Cable